Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ashamed of WLS?!

Recently I've been thinking of WLS peeps I have been in communication with (which doesn't really happen now that I don't have a Facebook)... And it got me wondering why some people don't tell people they've had weight loss surgery. I don't necessarily know that it is because they were ashamed they needed WLS or if it's just that they don't want to be bombarded with questions, but it is something that fascinates me.

I am the complete opposite. I am very open about my WLS, and will talk to anyone who has questions. No question is too personal when it comes to my weight loss journey. I am in no way ashamed of my WLS. I am more ashamed that I had let myself get up to nearly 300 lbs before doing something about it.

Just thought I'd share that little tidbit of what was on my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment