Thursday, July 7, 2011

Surgeon's Appointment and More...

I had an appointment with my surgeon again today. This was because I switched my decision from band to bypass. I was so nervous that he was going to tell me I wasn’t a good candidate for bypass and not let me switch. That was NOT the case, thank goodness. He told me I was a perfect candidate for bypass since I am so young, and because of the amount of weight I have to lose to get to goal weight.
Therefore, I am good to go with my gastric bypass surgery on August 16. That’s just 39 days away!!! Dr. Harrison (my surgeon) said that the surgery would take about two hours, and then I would stay one night overnight in the hospital. The next morning I will have to swallow some nasty cat scan dye stuff to check for leaks. As long as there are no leaks I will be set to go home.
Just FYI- I will  post pictures weekly post op on here for everyone to see my progress and then once a month I will do side by sides from my night before pictures and I will also take my measurements and post them here once a month.
I have an appointment with my regular family physician on the 18th for a physical and then the last appointment I will have will be my pre-op stuff (blood work, EKG, etc.). I will make sure to post about those appointments as well. And if you have any suggestions for topics you’d like to see here, or any questions or what not, feel free to comment below or ask on Facebook. I’m being very open about this process, and want you guys to be as involved as you’d like, or just sit back and watch my journey J

No comments:

Post a Comment