Monday, January 23, 2012

How Clothes Fit Me

Now that I am 80+ lbs lighter, I've had to cycle through some of my old clothes and donate them. I have also spent some time in thrift stores and places like Ross finding jeans in my current size for a cheap price, since I don't fit in them long enough to warrant spending more than a few dollars for them.

One of my biggest things I do now is layer. I ALWAYS wear a cami tank top underneath my shirt. Always, always, always. I did this before surgery, but not all the time. Now it is a must. I feel like it just holds everything together. I am starting to notice the excess skin that was bound to come. I'm not too grossed out by it yet, except for on my thighs. My excess skin there is repulsive. Luckily, no one ever sees it (except my roommates, bless their hearts!).

Also, since it's winter, I can get away with a nice sweater or cover-up as well. I am not usually too self-conscious of my arm flab (which my siblings enjoy messing with), but I have my "fat days" where I just feel bigger than I am. My mind obviously has to catch up to my new (and ever-changing) body. So on those days, I layer. This still allows for my curves to be shown off (which I love best about my body right now).

My biggest challenge right now is getting out of the 200s. I have been struggling with this for awhile, but now it's time to get my butt into gear and do it! Until then, feel free to message me on Facebook or e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment